Wednesday, February 13, 2008

One More Day

I belong to a Motherless Daughter group. Today, someone posted the topic 'If you had one more day with your mom' and this was what I wrote:

I would dance with her in the living room to 8 track disco tunes like we did when I was a little girl. We would make peanut butter cookies and I would read her poems I never got to read to her because I wasn't a poet then. I would brush her beautiful, long hair and cut a few long locks to keep with me. I'd look at her hands, which are so much my own. I'd take a million pictures of her, her with me, her with her garden. I'd buy her roses, which she loved and make her favorite dinner. We'd go for a long walk, arm in arm and I'd tell her I love her over and over and over again and hug her so much she might ask me to not hold so tightly. I'd look into her eyes and let her know that I know I was so loved by her and I'd thank her for being her, so funny and sweet and big hearted. And finally, I'd tell her I hope she won't suffer any more like she had in this life. I hope the journey into her next life is filled with peace and light and joy.

No comments: